Click here to connect directly with CWS Northern California’s Community & Volunteer Engagement Program Officer. Connect with Jason concerning volunteer opportunities, group and individual, and in-kind donations.
Volunteer to support newcomer refugee individuals and families, as they rebuild their lives with support from CWS. CWS Northern California provides direct services to groups of hundreds of refugees annually and volunteer support is beneficial for client integration. Refugees are resettled into our communities with minimal English training, limited familiarity with U.S. culture, and limited financial resources. Their resettlement process is complex, but CWS Northern California hopes to relieve this pressure through support and a path to self-sufficiency. Volunteers also help assist in this process though induvial and group opportunities! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or click here to complete a Volunteer Interest Form.
Possible Volunteer Roles
- English conversation tutor
- Office support
- Driver for client appointments
- Accounting support/financial literacy training
- Job prep training (resume development, interview prep)
- Legal team support
- If you have a special interest, let us know!
- Attend a brief training via Zoom to learn about refugee resettlement and CWS Northern California
- Complete a background check